Mālama the Farmer, Caring for Yourself and Each Other- An AgrAbility Regional Workshop in Hilo, HI
October 17th -18th, 2023 | Grand Naniloa Hotel 93 Bayan Dr., Hilo, HI 96720
Regional AgrAbility Workshops are a great way to network with AgrAbility peers and other professionals that have a role in assisting farmers and agricultural workers.
This regional workshop was planned with and supported by the College of Tropical Agriculture & Human Resources-University of Hawaii Manoa and the Western Regional Agricultural Stress Assistance Program. October 17th will have sessions that include topics on WRASAP, AgrAbility, assistive technology, behavioral health resources and business planning. On October 18th we will tour local agricultural businesses.
In addition to those who are interested in assisting farmers with a disability or long-term health condition, this workshop would be helpful to:
- Service providers (VR, state agencies, governmental organizations)
- Agricultural professionals (Extension, FFA, ag educators)
- Occupational/Physical therapists, staff, teachers, and students
- Staff from other state AgrAbility projects and those working in ag safety, health, and wellness
- Tuesday, October 17th 8:00 am – 5:00 pm – Workshop sessions with breaks and lunch included
- Tuesday, October 17th 5:00pm – 7:00 pm – Pau Hana (optional) separate fee
- Wednesday, October 18th 8:00 am-4:30 pm – Agricultural business tours with lunch included
- Full workshop, 2 days- workshop sessions and tour $225
- Tuesday workshop sessions only, no tour $150
- Pau Hana $50
We have a room block at The Grand Naniloa Hotel for $199 per night. You can reserve online by clicking the hotel name. You may also call the hotel at 808-932-4579 and tell them you are with the AgrAbility Regional Workshop. Rooms are available at this rate through Saturday, September 16th. If you are in need of a wheelchair accessible room, please contact Tess McKeel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-447-9015.
If you are planning to arrive prior to October 16th and/or stay past October 18th, our group rate will be available 3 days prior and 3 days post. You will need to email the hotel (ITOHN_RES@Hilton.com) or call using the number above in order to extend your reservations on those shoulder dates at the group rate.
There is not a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. You will need to arrange for your own transportation to and from the hotel. There are 2 airports on the big island of Hawaii, Hilo International Airport (3 miles from the hotel) and Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport (78 miles from the hotel).