Veterans in Farming Regional Workshop
June 6th - 8th, 2023 | Hilton Garden Inn 8910 Hatfield Rd. Indianapolis, IN 46241
REGISTRATION IS OPEN! Click HERE to register.
Regional AgrAbility Workshops are a great way to network with AgrAbility peers and other professionals that have a role in assisting our clients.
This Regional Workshop will focus on Veterans in Agriculture. Tuesday and Wednesday will be workshop sessions that will include topics on business planning, getting your product to market, land access and estate planning, farming with a disability, and resources, programs and benefits for veterans. Thursday will consist of tours of veteran-owned agricultural businesses.
In addition to veterans and those who are interested in assisting veterans and farmers with a disability or long-term health condition, this workshop would be helpful to:
- Service providers (VR, state agencies, governmental organizations)
- Agricultural professionals (Extension, FFA, ag educators)
- Occupational/Physical therapists, staff, teachers, and students
- Staff from other state AgrAbility projects and those working in ag safety, health, and wellness
- Tuesday, June 6th 12:30 pm-5:00 pm – Workshop sessions and networking time.
- Wednesday, June 7th 8:00 am-5:30 pm – Workshop sessions with breaks and lunch included.
- Thursday, June 8th 8:00 am-3:30 pm – Veteran owned agricultural business tours.
- Full workshop, all 3 days is $125
- Tuesday and Wednesday only, no tour is $75
We have a room block at The Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport for $127 per night. You can reserve online by clicking the hotel name. Rooms are available at this rate through Tuesday, May 9th. If you are in need of a wheelchair accessible room, please contact Tess McKeel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-447-9015.
There is a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Upon your arrival at the Indianapolis Airport, call the hotel at 317-856-9100 then proceed to the Terminal Garage and follow the signage directing you to the hotel shuttle area. If you are in need of a wheelchair accessible shuttle, please specify that when you call the hotel.
Stipends for registration are available for veterans while funds last. Please contact Linda Tarr at email@example.com or 812.849.4447
Registration is open through Wednesday, May 31st.