Caregivers provide assistance to another individual suffering from an illness, disability, or other limiting condition. Rural caregivers face additional challenges such as geographical isolation, gaps in rural service delivery systems, and the unique needs of agricultural workers with disabilities. The AgrAbility Project recognizes the unique needs of rural caregivers and provides resources specifically for them.
Rural Caregiver Resource “To Everything There is a Season”
While designed particularly for the caregivers of farmers and ranchers, To Everything There is a Season has great potential to benefit caregivers of all types. The printed resource discusses key topics for caregivers, such as: the impact of disability, caring for the caregiver, commitment to marriage, and communication. The 43-minute DVD contains inspirational and informative interviews with six rural caregivers.
- Caregiver’s Manual [PDF]
- Caregiving Workshop Leader’s Guide [PDF]
- Caregiving Workshop PowerPoint Slides [PPT]
- To Everything There is a Season: A Video for Caregivers of Farmers and Ranchers with Disabilities (complete version)
- Video clips
Ohio AgrAbility Resources
- Caregiver Support Network home page
- Fact sheet: Primary Caregiver for Farm Family Member, AEX-984.2-11