After the president’s initial budget recommended eliminating all USDA funding for AgrAbility/farm safety, both the U.S. House and Senate Appropriations Committees recommended restoring AgrAbility/farm safety funding at its current level.
However, this does not guarantee that AgrAbility funding will be included in the final federal budget for FY18. The process, in short, is (according to https://www.nationalpriorities.org/budget-basics/federal-budget-101/federal-budget-process/):
- The President submits a budget request to Congress (which eliminated AgrAbility funding)
- The House and Senate pass budget resolutions
- House and Senate Appropriations subcommittees “markup” appropriations bills (both appropriations subcommittees recommended restoring AgrAbility funding)
- The House and Senate vote on appropriations bills and reconcile differences (next step)
- The President signs each appropriations bill and the budget becomes law